Today was interesting. On one hand, it brought back a lot of very fond memories of growing up in the church and going to retreats and youth camp and stuff like that. On the other hand, I was sort of sad throughout the day that you weren't with me... N* has S*, M* has J*, Mom has Dad... and then me, you know. It was hard, and I really miss you. Besides, in a way, I'm sad that you never got to experience what I did and therefore you can't really understand what it's like. If we marry someday, perhaps you can come along with me and my family to this event and you can get a glimpse of what it was like for me throughout my childhood.
We started out with breakfast, of course, and then had a meeting where we discussed camp rules. After that we sang and talked about prayer. We wrote a prayer on a slip of paper and made a big chain of prayers that's hanging in the cafeteria. I prayed for you, that you'll be safe, and for strength to continue eating healthy and exercising for the rest of my life. I think that this is the first time in my life where I believe I can actually do that. :) But, I digress. After prayer time we practiced for the talent show later that night. We sang The Wheels on the Bus so that my niece could participate (although, she just stood there staring at us when we actually performed, lol. Oh well.), and we sang a song that N* and I performed once when we were in high school. He still remembered the words so we just let him lead and the rest of us harmonized. It was fun. :) Lunch happened, I took a nap, worked on my certification some, dinner, talent show, then a devotional by the fire where we sang pretty much every song we could think of. We were there for hours singing; it was so neat. I wish you could have been there... even though I don't think you'd really ENJOY it... I think you might come to appreciate and understand a little bit about why I'm so bummed that no one ever wants to sing with me. It's been really cool getting N* and M* to sing with me too, because we can sing a lot of songs the rest of the church doesn't even know, lol.
I have to be up in about 7 hours to help with breakfast (we all have to do at least one chore throughout the weekend, and mine is to help with beverages on Sunday morning, lol.), so I'm going to go to sleep. I'm practically fantasizing about getting to talk to you tomorrow, I'm so excited about it. :D I love you truly, madly, deeply baby. ;o Stay soft inside for me. See you soon!!!!!
Your Loving Girlfriend,
Cherry Girl <3
No comments:
Post a Comment