Sunday, August 25, 2013

Letter: About News, FJ, Settlers of Catan, Church

Dearest Beloved, 

Today I am sore. I woke up at around 7:30 with my mom knocking at my door asking if I was up, but my body could barely move. I imagine it's similar to how you felt after your drills at first. It hurt to stand, walk, or move, lol. Particularly my legs-- from the walking and climbing stairs at Schlitterbahn... calves to be exact... and my shoulders-- from all the paddling I had to do to keep up with the group. Just to show you the position I'm going to draw a small picture. :) 

Sorry about the poor quality... I had little to reference and I didn't want to spend much time on it but I also didn't want to draw stick figures, lol. I'm hoping my letters are helpful to you...

Today was mostly a day of rest. I had to sleep in so I missed church and subsequently lunch with my family, but next week I will go. :P I care more about fellowship and getting to sing than I do about feeling close to God... don't tell my parents, please. 

So, I watched Philip DeFranco and learned a little about how the Syrian government executed a chemical weapons attack on 1200 (who have died so far) of its own people... apparently civil war has been raging there for over a year but we haven't done anything to help because of how thinly we're stretched and everything... I think it's good if we don't deploy ground troops... for obvious reasons... but I do think we should do something to help them... the rebellion is just being slaughtered! Including innocent women and children... But, it's such a complicated issue involving Islam vs Christianity and some offshoot of Islam (which is what the dictator is). He protects Christians against the forces of Al Qaeda and such so... yeah. Sticky. I wonder if, as part of your training, you'll learn about world situations, countries, and current events... I imagine NOT part of BASIC training, but maybe in your AIT you'll need to know these things. 

The front page of FJ right now is about how the Swedish vallhund looks like a "wolf corgi." "Just look at it" <-- Title, then "I'm very confused as to why you guys are not freaking out about these little guys yet since they're basically WOLF CORGIS." It is very cute. Wish I could show you. The boys and I played Settlers of Catan and S almost won by monopolizing the wood resources AND the wood port... but I got Mack to team up with me in stopping him, lol. He didn't place his settlements well (went for 12's and 2's) so he wasn't much of a threat, but it was a very entertaining game. With Mack's help I secured the win, lol. 

Finally, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to sing and hold a small service. Grandpa was sleeping the whole time and mom said his lips were blue... I wondered if maybe he was dead but I didn't say that... I didn't want to see for myself either. I'm sure if he is we'll know soon enough. Even though he slept through it, we mainly do it for Grandma who isn't able to go to church since she has to stay home and care for my Grandpa. It was nice but I feel like I'm losing my ability to sing and read music and harmonize, etc... I was rusty and I don't want to lose that skill but no one in Washington will ever sing with me. :( Maybe I should go to church just to make friends and sing, lol. If I can find one where they actually sing harmonies I'll be thrilled... especially if there are any people under the age of 50, lol. <-- that's laugh out loud, not 101, hehe. 

Oh, I got the XBox set up OK but the TV it's hooked up to isn't at a good angle unless you're far away from it and the controller won't reach, lol. Oh well, I still played Oblivion for 30 mins and it was nice. :) 

I'm out of things to tell you about so I'll put a little mushy gushy in. I think about you all the time and my heart still aches... I'm so in love with you, and who you are... it's not just the physical, the snuggling, etc. I know I'd rather go without when you're away, than leave you to be with someone who's always around. Or cheat. I refuse to touch anyone but you. I'm just keeping busy with work and my family. No time to spare for anything else. There is no way I would do anything to jeopardize the great relationship we have. I finally found a good, faithful, kindhearted man who loves me the way I am... I hope to be with that man forever! :) Maybe someday we can share these letters with our grandkids. 

I love you, I love you, I really really love you. I need you, I love you, I really really love you. I hope you love me and need me too. You're my everything. Get enough rest, eat well, don't push too hard, drink LOTS of water! I'm so proud of you puppy! Stay soft inside. <3 

Yours,
CherryGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment