Monday, August 19, 2013

Letter: About Swimming Alone

Dearest Beloved,

I am writing you from my hotel. I must say, the previous hotel was FAR nicer than this one!! But, it has a bed and is clean and they serve breakfast so it's not terrible. I'm glad I spent a few hours really enjoying the last hotel this morning before I hit the road. It was the only bright part of my day.

After my breakfast of waffles, bacon, eggs & biscuits I took some time to go swimming and relax in the hot tub before check out. I had planned to use the hot tub the night before but there was a couple in there together and I didn't want to spoil their privacy. Plus it would have made me jealous, probably... but I digress.

While I was swimming this morning I noticed a sign that said "swimmers should not swim alone." Since the pool was empty this morning I was doing just that. But, as you know, I float... so drowning is not a major concern for me. So I disregarded the sign. After swimming alone for about 20 minutes, however, a thought occurred to me. "Swimmers should not swim alone because it's f***ing depressing." I just wanted to share how nice it all was with someone... especially you. The water was so warm and nice and I could have stayed for hours if I wasn't so lonely... plus I needed to hit the road. 

The road trip sucked today... although nothing went wrong, it just felt like it took WAY too long. I didn't get to the hotel until almost 10 pm. :( So I'm writing you my letter and then passing out! 

Speaking of letter writing... I know you're not an overly sentimental OR romantic person... but if anything sweet/romantic strikes you, it would be wonderful if you include those thoughts in your letters. I want to know the daily details and stories of your experiences too, of course! But, I also want a reminder that you really love me... since you can't tell me every day anymore... I realized that this last Thursday (the first night you didn't contact me) was the first time since I can recall that you would forgo sleep if I hadn't said it yet! I miss those days, although such an attitude in your current circumstances would be most impractical. So, to solve this, I thought, let's say goodnight to each other before we sleep... just quietly, under our breath, or even silently mouthing the words if necessary (and also "I love you" of course!! <3). Even though we can't hear each other, just knowing the other said goodnight (or will say) each night would be comforting I think... at least it would be for me. :x 

Ran out of room so I'll close now. I LOVE YOU! Stay soft inside! <3 <3 <3

Yours,
CherryGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment