Dear *My Soldier*,
Today marks the second of at least three days without a letter from you (because no post on Sundays). :( I was really excited and hopeful when I got the mail at mom & dad's this evening... but I'm sure you're resting or reading all my letters during your personal time... the last letter I got from you was dated almost over a week ago. (last Sunday)
Please send more letters when you can... I am pretty sad I didn't get a letter but I hope that you get all my letters to keep your spirits up. :)
I got to eat whatever I wanted tonight and we went to Olive Garden so I had a lot of food. :) I feel really sleepy now, though, and will go to bed soon. (A good thing, since church is in the morning.)
The cat was absolutely beside himself when I got out of the car. :) He's been extremely snuggly so that helps. I really really really miss you.
Dad just now said he used to hold his breath and swim back and forth across the pool to see how long he could go without coming up for air. He said they used to have competitions with his brothers to see who could hold their breath the longest. Sound familiar? lol. :) It reminded me of the camping trip to Lake Sylvia. <3
I'm so glad we got to make some summer memories together before you had to ship. I would give anything to be snuggled in my blanket with you on the beach at Ocean Shores with you. <3
We still need to lay on a mountain and bathe in the sea together. I love you and I want to share so much with you. It's so hard across this distance and limited communication... it's almost as if you're a figment of my imagination! lol
Your mom said she wrote you an 8 page letter... I feel kind of outdone... except then I remembered I write at least seven and as many as 14 pages per week! LOL
The situation regarding Syria is grave... Obama is saying something has to be done to "punish" Assad. They say they know without doubt they were behind the chemical attack. But, I've seen reports that say the rebels were behind it! Russia believes the rebels were behind it as well, and another report says the rebels were going to give the weapons to Al-Qaeda! *face palm* Still others are claiming the US planted the weapons for some excuse to go into Syria... it's all crazy. At least 73% of Americans are against any military action, so the fact that our government is talking about it like it's a done deal is infuriating... people are saying it's going to be the start of WWIII! :( Noooo... I DON'T want that to happen! >_< Not just because it seriously increases your risk of being deployed overseas SOON, but it also means thousands upon thousands of people (including our soldiers :( ) dying for NO GOOD REASON. There are tons of petitions and protests and people contacting congress and Obama so HOPEFULLY they will LISTEN and seek peaceful alternatives... I'll let you know what develops. :/
Okay... positive note... R told me that I should do "damage control" exercises during my "cheat 24 hrs" where we are supposed to do one of three exercises for 90 seconds before and 30 minutes after eating. I decided to press my legs down into the ground to do some isometric exercises since we were already at dinner, but it made me rise up off my seat a little and it was kind of funny so I started bouncing up & down with a goofy face telling everyone I was exercising. XD It was pretty funny. R, Mom, and Aunt R joined in too so we all probably looked like weirdos to everyone around us but no one cared. I love moments like that. :)
Mom's been chatting my ear off the whole time I've been writing this letter, lol. But really, the best part of my day was visiting with family. :) This morning I set off the fire alarm when I was cooking breakfast. Aunt R's stove-top isn't functioning properly and it burns WAY too hot and it started melting the spatula after only a few seconds of contact. o_o So, I stuck it under water and it emitted a plume of steam... which set off the alarm! So after that Aunt R and I visited for an hour or so, which was nice. Then I exercised for 30 minutes on the stationary bike, showered, worked on my new unit, went to dinner with family, stopped by World Market to buy Tim Tams (an Australian cookie that I learned about on Facebook, lol), and came home. So, yeah! Pretty nice day really. Would have been a better day with you, my love. <3
Please send more letters soon! I really miss you, puppy. <3 Please show me some softness in your next letter to help me get through this separation. Whenever you can. :) Take care of your mind, soul, and body. Stay soft inside, dear sweet beloved!
Still Your Cherub,
Cherry Girl
XOXOXO
^ Real kisses :)
No comments:
Post a Comment