Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Letter: About Family, Diet, Quotes, News

Dearest Beloved,

I feel pretty accomplished today. I completed a very taxing (mentally) unit on future tenses... it was difficult because we don't really use future tenses all that much and I had to think of ways to teach them... blah. My brain is tired tonight; I have a bit of a headache... but at least I got a unit done, yay!

In addition, I went to Curves for the second day in a row and ate really well. This "eating plan" gives me a lot of energy, so I'm really liking it so far -- and all my meals are delicious. :) Curves again tomorrow, plus completing another unit. No sessions, so there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to complete another one.

My little brother apparently is coming into town on business! Yay! I'm really excited to see him. :) He's getting in late tonight and leaves Thursday so I'll probably only get to have dinner with him or something. I'm still looking forward to seeing him.

About my other brother-- he gave me another Irish whistle. When the certification is done I think it'd be cool to kinda take unofficial lessons with him, lol. He seems more excited about me playing than I am, lol. :)

So, I didn't get letter from you again tonight. It's the fifth day in a row with no word. But, I decided it does more harm than good complaining in my letters about it. So, I'm decidedly NOT complaining. I am just sad that I can't talk to or hear from my favorite person in the whole world... but it's my job to bring smiles to that person so even if he can't talk to me (I'm sure there's a good reason) he automatically gets the benefit of the doubt and I'll continue to write him positive and encouraging letters each and every day just like I said I would. <3 :)

I'm sure training is difficult but you mentioned the firing range training begins this week in the last letter I got so I imagine you must be having some fun also. :) I know my soldier, lol. I hope your unit/platoon/whatever didn't get in trouble because of some idiot not doing what they're supposed to... I hope you were able to rest well on Sunday and enjoy any privileges that are available to you, no matter how meager.

I'm sending you funny things I come across on Facebook. Even though you can't see any of it yet, it'll be nice when you get your phone back. :) Speaking of, the welcome letter said you'd get phone privileges during "White Phase" and to expect a possible call on Sundays. I camped by my phone this Sunday-- even had it on vibrate and stuck inside my bra during church to make 100% for sure I didn't miss a call from you. Alas, you must not have been in White Phase yet because I didn't get a call. (I didn't think you would be, I was just playing it safe.)

I've used up nearly all the paper from my first notebook... at this rate I will certainly run out before you graduate from BCT. I have another but we're not halfway there yet... tomorrow marks 3 weeks in, though! Only 6 left after that! I'm in high gear trying to lose SOME weight but don't expect a gigantic difference or anything. It would make me feel terrible if I disappointed you. :( I'm doing my best, though. :) 6 weeks just isn't very long to achieve a noticeable difference, and it certainly won't be a dramatic difference for another year at least. But, I keep repeating these quotes to myself to keep me going.

<3 "You can suffer the pain of change, or suffer remaining the way you are." <3

That one is my main motto, lol. ^
Temporary suffering or permanent suffering? Well, when you put it like that... lol.
The other is:

<3 "Starting over sucks. So keep going!" <3

That could be applied to other aspects of life too-- like relationships. :P But I don't want ot stop eating healthy and gain a ton of weight back ever again... cause then when I get a health scare or something, I'll just have to start all over again. So, I'm going to stick with this. :)

In the news today Obama addressed the nation-- said he would consider allowing Syria to turn over their chemical weapons (to the International Community) and allow them to be destroyed.

I am beyond thrilled that an alternative to a strike was proposed. I really hope it pans out well-- Obama's keeping the ships at the ready just in case -- and to keep the pressure on Assad to comply with the proposal.

Also, the Olympics in 2020 (which I know you care SO much about) will be held in Tokyo. The city beat Madrid, Spain and Istanbul, Turkey for the Olympics. Anyway I'm out of paper. :) I hope my letter was uplifting. I miss you SO MUCH!! Please let me know you're OK as soon as you can. Stay soft.

X<3<3 I LOVE YOU!!! <3<3X
Cherry Girl <3
a.k.a. Cherub :)

No comments:

Post a Comment