Friday, September 27, 2013

Letter: About Intermittent Fasting, Diet Ideas, Hard Day Emotionally

Dear *Soldier*,

Today there was no mail at all. I can't get over how alone I feel today. Mom & Dad went out of town and the boys had a football game. I made myself a steak dinner and watched Miss Congeniality (a movie from 2000). It was funny and sweet but I was sad that there was no one to share it with. I wanted to get a Unit done tonight, but in all honesty, I was so sad and I missed you so much that I couldn't focus on anything. I read about weight loss studies to see if there are ways  I could further accelerate my weight loss but it was hard to focus so I read the same thing over and over again. I learned of a technique called "IF" or Intermittent Fasting, which apparently works better for men than for women, but only if you're extreme about it. Since I'm doing a cheat day that fills me up a ton, I think fasting the next day might help with "recovery" before I start the eating plan again for the week. I'm going to try it and just see how I feel. From Sunday night dinner to Monday night dinner I'll fast-- so 24 hrs or so. I'm also going to incorporate more "damage control" techniques to try to prevent huge gains when I pig out. For example, drinking grapefruit juice, which is supposed to help blunt any insulin spikes, and doing 90 seconds of intense exercise before eating & after so that the sugars get burned off and no stored. We shall see... XD It's hard to tell what's hokey and what's not, and different things work differently for different people because everyone is different. o_o I have gone to Curves 4x this week and I will go in the morning tomorrow after my weigh-in and before breakfast. I also decided I'm going to try working out on an empty stomach and see if that accelerates my weight loss too. I want results, dammit! LOL.

Anyway, I was going to mention earlier but I got sidetracked... they posted more pictures of your battery today on Facebook and yet again there are no pictures of you. I feel like I should be grateful they even bother but at the same time it feels like utter torture... cause I get so excited and I slowly & painstakingly search every visible face in the pictures hoping to recognize you and every time I get to the end of the new uploads with nothing. :( It's kinda like when the mail man comes and there's no letter, except worse. I am totally hating this situation today. I broke down and cried for about 15 minutes straight... but I'm better now. I just want to know that I'm not going through this for nothing... I want to know that you'll always be with me... I wish I could know that and I hate that I don't. It makes it that much harder at times like this. I love you so much... sorry for the downer letter today. I had a hard time. Can't wait to see you/speak to you/get a letter/anything.

Your loving & devoted girlfriend,
Cherry Girl

XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment