XXXXXXX <-- extra kisses here since I ran out of space at the end. :)
Dear *Soldier*,
I'm SO glad I got to hear from you today!! I was thrilled when I saw I finally had a letter from you! I'll try not to be so expectant of letters going forward since I know you can't always write one... I was afraid something happened in the gas chamber but it sounds like you made it through without incident. I'm sorry it was so awful! But glad you made it through on the other side. :) I'm so impressed that you were selected to participate in the quiz with the first sergeant! Hopefully you'll get honor grad. :) When will you find out if you get it?
I love your nickname, it's perfect for you, lol. Are the drill sergeants really mean to you? And, I'm sorry about the banana spiders. They're not poisonous though so I hope you made it through okay. :)
Today was particularly special because I got to feed a baby squirrel! Dad saw it struggling on the ground and Matthew put it in a box and made it a solution to drink (with a dropper). It's so cute. :) Then, on top of that, after we got back from dinner there was a doe standing right by the door looking at us. Mom asked me if I wanted to feed it some bread, and she came up and ate it RIGHT out of my hand!!! I tore off little pieces at a time and she would come right up and take the pieces-- she even licked my hand. It was SO cool. How many people can say they've gotten close enough to a wild deer to feed it??
Sticking to the diet was particularly hard today, but I made it. When you write letters, can you mention the date on the last letter you got from me? Do you have one for every day? Since you don't really respond to what I've written I'm not sure what you've gotten and what you haven't yet... I would really appreciate it if you would make comments about my letters too... I am feeling a little bit unappreciated. :( Please tell me... do you still love me? Do you still care? Even though you said you were still soft, your letters have gotten more business-like... I'm glad to know all the details you provided, but I'm afraid of the possibility that your love for me might fade. :( Can you PLEASE respond to that concern in your next letter? I hesitated to even tell you because I want my letters to always be uplifting and I don't want you to get mad at me for being needy... but you have to remember who I am, and that this is hard for me too... (Not as much, sure, but still, we have to support each other). Sometimes I feel like you're just writing in a journal-- not writing to ME... this experience should bring us closer not make me feel farther away from you... please send some more softness for me, puppy, as soon as you can. I miss you. Hang in there. Stay soft!!!
I love you so much and I wish you were here,
Cherry Girl
X <3 X
No comments:
Post a Comment