Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Response: About Daily Life, Lack of Sleep, and Mail Call

Written Thursday August 29th, 2013

Hello Cherry! Tonight's the first night I actually have a decent amount of personal time. Usually they don't release us to the bays until 30 minutes into personal time, so the remaining 30 needs to be used to shower and change uniforms. The hardest thing about basic has been lack of sleep. We have boring classes every day and you get in a lot of trouble if you sleep. The guys here are cool for the most part though and all in all I'm doing fine. Our main drill sergeant is 11b (infantry) and we are his first cycle (basic platoon), so we do a lot of pushups. Today we had a 9 hour first-aid class and that was alright. Lastly, when mail call came, it had been 3 days since I got something from you- so imagine my disappointment when name after name was called but not mine. Then, finally, 13 names in, I got 2 letters from you! :D Your picture of yourself made me want to snuggle you. I love and miss you so much. Can't wait to hold you in my arms again.


--*My Soldier* (still soft)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
^ this letter was kissed 20 times

No comments:

Post a Comment