Written on Saturday September 14th, 2013
Dear Cherry Girl,
Sorry I haven't written much lately, has been very busy here. We've been marching to the range, which is ~ 3 miles, every day. Then we stay there until around 7 pm. On Wednesday we did a virtual reality range. It was cool, had real weapons that were all electronically rigged up. Afterwards, one of my drill sergeants yelled into the platoon "Where are my geeks at? *My Soldier* and Ong you only did good because this was a video game, let's see how you do tomorrow with real rifles." The next day, I didn't really get the chance to shoot. We got 6 magazines of Ammo. I got through 2 then they had to close the range for the night. Also, my rear sight was really Jacked up, so I couldn't even hit the target, and the Drill Sergeants thought I was retarded. That night I adjusted my rear sight. The next day I got 6 more magazines, fired one, all shots grouped within 1 inch on center mass of target, next the same, drill sergeant said I was cleared (we were testing to see if we could hit) and that was it. Last night I got the scaredest I've almost ever been in my life. My friend Regalado was walking out of the bathroom and singing, I was laying in my bed, and someone said "nobody wants to hear you singing, shut up!" I said "I do," I then flipped over, realizing it was the drill sergeant. Everyone around me was holding back laughter/WTF *My Soldier*. Lucky for me, there was a large fan on, so he didn't hear. I wrote this during fireguard, and now I'm done. Love you lots! Also, could you send me "A soldiers prayer" or "The Prayer of War" or something to that affect by Mark Twain? Thanks in advance. (It's a poem)
-- *My Soldier*
No comments:
Post a Comment